Steven Platt joined the firm in 2006. He specializes in litigation and estate planning and administration.
Mr. Platt's representative litigation matters include the following:
- Serving as sole trial counsel for former CEO of non-profit agency in jury trial in case involving employment, contract, and fiduciary duty claims.
- Defeating Unruh Act, Disabled Persons Act, and negligence claims at the pleading stage on res judicata grounds for major transportation authority.
- Prosecuting trade secret misappropriation claims for numerous clients, including accounting firm and publicly traded technology company.
- Prosecuting and defending multimillion dollar construction litigation claims.
- Defeating class certification in ADA class action lawsuit.
- Defending employers in wrongful termination and employment discrimination claims.
- Defending pharmaceutical company in products liability cases.
Mr. Platt's estate planning and administration practice includes:
- Drafting wills, trusts, and related estate planning documents.
- Assisting individuals in tax planning, including assistance in planning for Internal Revenue Code § 6166 extensions of time to pay estate tax.
- Representing trustees in trust administration proceedings and trust petitions.
- Representing conservators in conservatorship proceedings.
Mr. Platt was selected as a Super Lawyers
Southern California Rising Star in 2009, 2010, and 2011. He enjoys hiking and traveling in his spare time.